Not scoring runs, and leaving men on base are the only consistent things the Yankees have done thru the first 81-games of this season.
But what is even crazier is how solid the Yankees pitching has been considering three of their five starters are injured, and it is their first season sans closer Marino Rivera in the bullpen.
So to stay on trend, here are 8 extra crazy Yankees facts/stats but please note that they are not pretty so not recommended if you are trying to positive at all.
1. Yankees have an 18-21 record in the Bronx.
2. Yankees are a below .500 team in games played the day after a loss.
3. Last night’s game marked the season’s half-way point of 81-game regular season games played, and the Yankees are 41-40, just one win over .500. The Yankees have lost seven of their last 10 games.
4. Yankees have fallen 2.5 games behind the AL East leading Toronto Blue Jays.
5. Losing in the 12th inning yesterday puts the Yankees at 4-3 in extra inning games; and 9-9 in one-run games.
6. Yankees run differential of -33, which is their worst number halfway thru any season (in 1st 81 games) since 1990 (-77).
7. In RISP (runners in scoring position) the Yankees rank 22nd in RBIs (226); 21st in home runs (13); and have hit into the third most double plays in the MLB in RISP (26).
8. If the Yankees second half replicas the first, they will finish with an 82-80, and you can bet the Bronx will be empty come October for the second season in a row.