Here are 10 facts about the New York Yankees that are not pretty, but with the way they are playing what do you expect.
- Last night when the A’s beat the Yankees in 10 innings, 5-2 it marked the first time the Bronx Bombers have lost 3 games in 3 days to 3 different teams at home since 1915. (@SportsCenter)
- The A’s have won 11 of their last 14 games vs. the Yankees.
- After tonight’s loss to A’s, Yankees are 22-4 in games where they led after the 7th inning. They were 65-4 when leading after 7 in 2013. (@JackCurryYES)
- Yankees are now 29-28, and dropped to third place in the AL East behind Blue Jays and Orioles.
- Since April 29th, the Yankees are 4-11 in their last 15 home games.
- Fact is when a team doesn’t hit there is leave zero margin for error for your pitchers. No reason for Yankees fans to blame anything on Dellin Betances or Adam Warren.
- Years in which Yankees had lower run differential after first 57 games: 1905, 1908, 1912-14, 1989, 1990. (@williamnyy23)
- Over their last 5 games the Yankees have scored 10-runs total, while the New York Rangers have scored 13-goals.
- Nobody in the Big Apple will be watching Yankees baseball tonight.
- The Yankees offense is horrific.
My advice to the Yankees is go make a huge poster of Riley’s sentiment and post it up in the locker-room, like today!
For now, Yankees fans can forget about the Yankees and not feel remorseful about it.
As tonight belongs to the NHL and the Rangers, who are four wins away from bringing home the Stanly Cup.