Tonight (My9 HD, 7 p.m.)
THINGS TO NOTE:
- Both the Mets and Yankees are playing good baseball.
- The Yankees line-up is hot right now beating up the Baltimore Orioles 25-5 in runs total in their last two games.
- The Mets have won nine of their last 13 games.
- The Mets will be sans 1B Ike Davis and 3B David Wright.
- Judging by how much broader Citi-Field is the Amazins could have a field day in the stunted, homer-friendly Yankee Stadium.
- Both of Friday’s starters, Dickey and Garcia are coming off their worst performances of the season and neither pitcher has any significant familiarity with the others line-ups.
- Dickey’s knuckleball has been flat lately and if he can’t keep it down Alex Rodriguez, Curtis Granderson and Robinson Cano will feast on it.
- In the eight at-bats against Dickey, A-Rod is batting .625, with five hits; Gardner is two for three, with a triple, two RBIs and .667 batting average.
- Dickey has yet to give-up a home-run to any of the Yankees he will be facing on Friday night.
- Garcia has to watch out for the blazing bat of Carlos Beltran, who just hit three-homers in one game against the Colorado Rockies. Beltran has faced Garcia 31 times, batting a .452, with 10 RBIs, three home-runs, two doubles and a triple.
A.J. Burnett (4-3, 3.99) vs. Chris Capuano (3-4, 4.78)
Saturday (FOX, 7 p.m.)
Ivan Nova (4-3, 4.33) vs. Mike Pelfrey (3-3, 5.11)
Sunday (YES HD, 1 p.m.)
- Subway Series: Positional Preview (timesunion.com)
- Crosstown rivals pit Dickey, Garcia for first tilt (mlb.mlb.com)
- Subway Series: Yankees vs. Mets Back In The New York Groove (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Subway Series: Mets, Yankees Battle For New York Bragging Rights (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- CC Dominates As Yanks Destroy O’s 13-2 (slidingintohome.blogspot.com)
- Series is all about the fans (nypost.com)
- Yanks’ Interleague history with Mets rich (mlb.mlb.com)