September baseball is tough for everyone, from players to fans to owners and it is grueling.
Felix Hernandez has owned the Yankees, literally. Maybe that is why Yankees GM Brian Cashman has droold over the 26 year-old since he stepped on the bump, but the Mariners are not willing to part with their King.
With the Yankees coming off a rough couple of games, where their bats went dead this 9-3 win came in perfect time.
Look, it is no secret that the New York Yankees are old, so relaying on natural adrenaline high is harder to fuel.
It was the perfect excuse to have even lower expectations on a night when the King was on the hill.
And don’t forget that the Tampa Bay Rays, who also won Monday night and are moving in on the Wild Card.
What I like most about this 2011 Yankee team is that they fight, and it reminds me a lot like the 2009 team.
Still, with 16 games left to play including seven vs. Tampa Bay and three against Boston, the Yankees have their work cut out for them.
The Yankees always like to win in October, and haven’t forgotten the embarrassment felt from last season.
Yankees Nick Swisher said it best after dethroning King Felix:
- The New York Yankees are just tired (fitzandvig.com)
- Yankees overthrow King Felix’s Mariners (reuters.com)
- New York Yankees: Most Valuable Player (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: Non-Trade Moves To Make (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: Spoke Too Soon (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: Thank You Red Sox (ladylovespinstripes.com)