The two QB’s took time to slip in some words of absolute admiration for Jeter during their media day this past Tuesday.
Both Super Bowl bound guys are taken; Manning is married to his very attractive college girlfriend; and Brady goes home to Gisele…need I say more?
The New York Daily News quoted Brady, just two days ago, as saying:
Boston fans must have thrown up; and than swallowed it rehashing Brady’s Yankee hat wearing days and further proof that it was no accident.
Manning on the other hand shared a sweet phone moment he had with the Captain back in his first season with the Giants, as reported by ESPN’s Dan Graziano.
According to Graziano, Jeter called Manning after his first few loses to lend some words of wisdom:
Wow! I bet Eli wasn’t told that by anyone else like his football superstar brother or father.
Regardless, it seems that anytime people think the Jeter virus has gone dormant, his infection comes back banging. And I mean literally.
Well, my bet is if either Eli or Tom want to receive the signature “been there, done that” signed baseball from Derek, winning the Super Bowl would definitely help.
Brady has three rings to Manning’s one, so they have some work to do to catch up with Jeter’s five rings, and what could very likely be a sixth after this season. At least that is the plan.
It is a safe bet that the Captain probably would not tune in on Sunday anyway, considering he couldn’t find the time to watch his own Yankees when he was on the DL last season. He said he didn’t have the package.
Well, that excuse won’t fly this time but at the very least Jeter has to cheer for Big Blue just out of pure respect.
Still it would be nice to know his pick for Super Bowl XLVI, even if does break some hearts along the way.
- New York Giants vs. New England Patriots: 3 Key Factors To Super Bowl XLVI (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Jeter’s Advice To Eli Paid Off (slidingintohome.blogspot.com)
- ELI VS. THE GOLDEN BOY: Everything You Need To Know About The Super Bowl’s Juiciest Match-Up (businessinsider.com)
- Tom Brady Brings His Hot Self to Indiana Ahead of the Super Bowl (popsugar.com)
- Chad Ochocinco Will Be the David Tyree of Super Bowl XLVI (bleacherreport.com)
- Giants vs. Patriots: New England Can Win, but Can’t Erase New York’s 2008 Win (bleacherreport.com)
- Outlaw Tom Brady Says He Watched The Last Super Bowl On An Illegal Website (businessinsider.com)