From the start to the end of Spring Training, players are warming-up their bodies to get ready for the 162-game grind of the regular season.
Unfortunately injury setbacks are inevitable, and daily reports sometimes seem endless but also remember that if a player feels anything is off, he will rest as a precautionary measure.
When Cervelli suffered a concussion last season, Romine got the call-up and was most impressive, as he looked quite comfortable behind the plate.
Even though Romine is not the favorite to win the job, the recent “setback” in his back rehab doesn’t help the 23-year olds big league campaign. Still, a full year starting in Triple-A Scranton could do wonders for Romine so let’s hope this doesn’t get more serious.
And about pitcher David Aardsma, he was signed injured as he had Tommy John surgery last July, as well surgery to repair a torn hip labrum last December. So, if you didn’t know now you do and don’t expect to see Aardsma in the Bronx any earlier than late August.
As for Joba Chamberlain, he seems to be ahead of schedule on his recovery from Tommy John but the Yankees know better than to rush him back and luckily the team can afford too with such a stacked bullpen.
- Wednesday notes: (yankees.lhblogs.com)
- MRI shows inflammation for Romine (yankees.lhblogs.com)
- New York Yankees: Cashman you are losing it again (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Pre-Spring Training Surpise: 2012 New York Yankees 25 Man Roster Almost Fully Set (pinstripealley.com)
- New York Yankees: Alex Rodriguez the comedian (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: 2012 Spring Training Schedule (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: Do you know who to watch this spring? (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Burnett sidelined with facial injury (msn.foxsports.com)
- New York Yankees News and Notes: Jeter, Joba, and the Loss of a Legend (pinstripealley.com)
- New York Yankees: Déjà vu for Bobby Valentine (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Friday notes: “Hopefully they all go as smoothly as today” (yankees.lhblogs.com)
- Yankees sign David Aardsma (yankees.lhblogs.com)
- Back soreness may keep Romine out a day (mlb.mlb.com)