The Bombers could use another starter or a lefty reliever, but some key players are almost good to go and will be coming off the DL to lend a helping hand shortly.
The Yankees could really use Chavez now, as he is a six-time Gold Glove third baseman, who also brings a consistent and potent left-handed bat.
Without a doubt, Chavez will be welcomed with open arms, but just pray he can stay healthy at least until A-rod returns.
Before going on the DL back on May 5th, Chavez was sporting a .303 batting average, with 10 hits, two doubles, one triple, six RBIs and six walks, over 33 at-bats. Chavez only struck-out three times during that short stretch in pinstripes.
Bottom line is Chavez is a dynamic player when healthy; and easily could make Yankee Universe forget about any “trade” the Yankees didn’t do.
- Hartnett: Yankees Need ‘Missing Piece’ Eric Chavez Back In Their Lineup (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- A-Rod’s recovery progressing as planned (mlb.mlb.com)
- New York Yankees: No A-rod, No Problem? (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Yankees say Chavez could return on Tuesday (espn.go.com)
- New York Yankees: When It Rains It Pours (ladylovespinstripes.com)