With just a week of games in his pocket since the 3000 hit frenzy, New York Yankees Captain Derek Jeter got hit in the hand by a pitch causing him to exit in the fourth inning of Sunday’s 4-2 win against the Baltimore Orioles.
Following the Yankees third win in a row; the New York Post reported that x-rays determined Jeter’s right middle finger is not broken, and that the injury is not serious.
Jeter is now listed as Day-To-Day.
- New York Yankees Finish Homestand Strong Against Struggling Baltimore Orioles (bleacherreport.com)
- Derek Jeter hit by pitch against Orioles (theglobeandmail.com)
- New York Yankees: Alex Rodriguez Injury Revealed (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: Injury Updates Are Just Alright (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees Injury Updates: Chavez Looks Good To Go (ladylovespinstripes.com)