Tonight baseball nation will be watching, as four teams will be battling but not against each other for the last two coveted Wild Card postseason spots.
In the American League, the Tampa Bay Rays (90-71) are tied with the Boston Red Sox (90-71) so if both teams win or lose there will be a sudden death game played tomorrow between these to AL East powerhouses.
Same scenario in the National League, as the Atlanta Braves (89-72) and St. Louis Cardinals (89-72) are both striving to clinch a playoff berth tonight, but if tied the two will also duel it out against each other tomorrow to determine the winner.
This is about as good as it gets for baseball fans, and if you have any friends who are on the fence about loving America’s Pastime this would be the night to make sure they are tuned in.
Here is the TV schedule for tonight’s match-ups courtesy of MLB.com (EST listed):
|Wed, Sep 28||7:05 pm||Boston Red Sox||Baltimore Orioles||ESPN|
|Wed, Sep 28||7:10 pm||Philadelphia Phillies||Atlanta Braves||
|Wed, Sep 28||7:10 pm||New York Yankees||Tampa Bay Rays||ESPN|
|Wed, Sep 28||8:05 pm||St. Louis Cardinals||Houston Astros||ESPN2|
As the best athlete of out generation once said:
“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” – Michael Jordon
- MLB wild card race – live! | Boston Red Sox, Tampa Bay Rays, Atlanta Braves, St Louis Cardinals (guardian.co.uk)
- New York Yankees: Thank You Red Sox (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: Fans Say On Road To A Championship (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees Were Not Supposed To Win (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Who Could Face The New York Yankees In October (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: Postseason Deja Vu (ladylovespinstripes.com)