Can you blame them?
Pujols will be making $250 million bucks over the next 10-years; while Wilson will be paid $77.5 million over the next 5-years.
It must be a wretched day in St. Louis, Missouri. My heart goes out the Cardinals fans that lost the face of their franchise today, as Pujols took money over loyalty and that hurts, no doubt about it.
Pujols is the West Coast’s version of A-rod, which would make him A-Jols?
Need a better nickname than that, but you can’t fake the Yankees without an A-something and the Halos got themselves an expensive one.
Now not to worry Yankee fans, as it will take the Halos at least a decade more of overspending, while winning four more World Series for them to ever catch the boys in the Bronx.
Hey the Bombers are still the rightful owners of the highest paid player ever in Alex Rodriguez, so take that Angels.
- Reports: Albert Pujols Agrees To 10-Year Deal With Angels (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Pujols to sign 10-year, $250 million deal with Angels (nypost.com)
- Albert Pujols’ Mystery Team Not The New York Yankees (tracking.si.com)
- Albert Pujols Becomes an Angel With 3rd Biggest Contract in MLB History (inquisitr.com)
- Angels sign lefty Wilson, too (nypost.com)
- Report: Albert Pujols To Sign With Los Angeles Angels (tracking.si.com)
- Who’s Next? (welcometothe716.wordpress.com)
- AP Source: Albert Pujols to the Angels (mercurynews.com)