It hurt to hear it from the horse’s mouth, but Jorge Posadamade one thing very clear, his time in Yankee pinstripes is over.
“It’s not gonna happen. I don’t think there is even a percentage of a chance that I can come back. “I will always be a Yankee. The New York Yankees, for me, is my second family. It’d be tough to put on another uniform for real and learn a new set of rules. But it’s one of those things where I have to see if I wanna keep playing.”
Well, let me tell Jorge Posada that it is just as hard for Yankees fans to see you go.
There is no doubt in my mind that the time for Posada and the Yankees to part ways is now. Yankee fans had an entire season to process this, but it is never as simple as it seems when the time comes to say goodbye.
So now all you can do is say thank you, for being a role model, a tireless competitor and for giving New York a reason to be proud.
- Jorge Posada Not Expecting Return To New York Yankees (tracking.si.com)
- Jorge Posada will most likely not come back in 2012 (yankeesfansunite.wordpress.com)
- Posada: My Yankees career over (nypost.com)
- Posada bids farewell to the Bronx (timesunion.com)
- Posada says he won’t be back with Yankees (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Posada on return to Yanks: ‘Not gonna happen’ (espn.go.com)
- Jorge Posada says there’s no chance he’ll be back with the Yankees (theglobeandmail.com)
- Jorge Posada confirms he won’t be back with Yankees (hardballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Posada Bids Adios to Yankees (online.wsj.com)