Whether you read it in the local newspaper; watch it on ESPN’s Sportscenter or MLB Network’s Quick Pitch; or hear it on Mad Dog Radio, there are certain words like setback, injury, slump, suspension that a fan immediately knows means trouble.
Not one of the 30 MLB teams is devoid of issues over the course of the 162-game regular season, but the severity can vary and sometimes recovering becomes impossible.
The worst is when a baseball fan is unprepared, as I am all to familiar with those dreadful mornings when open my door to grab my New York Post and bam, the front page is enough to make me sick, literally.
It is always a treat like back in November 2012 when one NYP headline read, PICTURE THIS with Derek Jeter in a Red Sox’s uniform linking to a feature story that the Yankees were going to let the Captain take other offers; and that Boston was coming guns a-blazing. Can you even image?
So, this got me thinking of what Yankee headlines would I NOT want to see in 2012, or ever for that matter?
So, in honor of the New York Post here are 8 of the absolute, most ridiculous headlines that I could come up with. These headlines would send Yankee Universe into a tailspin.
This list is in completely random order and totally made-up.
- YANKEES FOR SALE, STEINBRENNER’S SONS ARE SO BROKE CALL METS FOR LOAN.
- RIVERA RETIRES AT ALL-STAR BREAK SO YANKEES CAN TRADE FOR HIS REPLACEMENT KYLE FARNSWORTH.
- CANO AND GRANDERSON JOIN SABATHIA AND AROD ON THE DL TO START THE 2012 ALCS VS. ANGELS.
- AJ BURNETT SHOE-IN FOR 2012 CY YOUNG YEAR (bet that one made you look.)
- CASHMAN SAYS THIRD TIMES A CHARM: JAVIER VAZQUEZ FOR MONTERO, SWISHER AND A BOAT LOAD OF CASH.
- HE’S BACK AS YANKEES CALL UP KEI IGAWA, PHIL HUGHES HEADED FOR SCRANTON WILKES-BARRE.
- NEW YORK MAYOR METS AND YANKEES PLAYERS WILL SWAP TEAMS FOR A DECADE SO FANS WILL COME TO CITI FIELD.
- HOW THE RED SOX SIGNED TIM TEBOW?
Please remember…that all 8 headlines above are completely factious, hold zero truth and are just for a laugh. No ill will intended at all.
- New York Yankees: Preview Of The 2012 Team Preview (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: Fans Say On Road To A Championship (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: Remembering The Top 6 Headlines From 2011 (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees Trade Rumors: Truth About Pujols (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees Hot Stove: Red Sox Been Caught Stealing (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: To Pissed To Write (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Baseball Basics: The Posting System (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Yankees only interested in a 1 year deal for Jackson & Kuroda (yankeesfansunite.wordpress.com)