For the second time in three days the skies opened up yielding to more teeming rain in the Bronx, a sight that both baseball fans and players are getting way to accustomed too.
So both teams leave New York on route to Comerica Park in Detroit tied-up at 1-1; making it the perfect time for some Game 1 déjà vu, as Yankees CC Sabathia will once again take the hill vs. Tigers Justin Verlander.
This battle of aces is what baseball fans anticipated seeing last Friday night, as it was a textbook match-up worthy of opening the postseason. To bad Mother Nature had another plan and allotted just an inning and a half to be played.
So now Sabathia and Verlander will try again, and I think the urgency for perfection is a necessity for both teams, as they are tied at a game apiece…. with just two games to go after tonight’s BATTLE OF THE ACES!!!
If you read my original article about ALDS Game One….New York Yankees: Secret To ALDS Success Vs. Detroit Tigers my prediction was that the Yankees would win 3-2.
Being that it is a different day, in another team’s house makes absolutely no difference to me. Comerica Park is a pitcher’s park, which means home-runs will have to go further than in the Bronx; and the Yankees haven’t always had the easiest time in Detroit but I think the comments from Tigers closer, Jose Valverde might be just what the team needed to prove through actions, not words.
My prediction remains… Yankees win Game 3, but the scoreboard will read of 5-2.
- Bats: Live Soon: Yankees-Tigers, A.L.D.S. Game 1 (bats.blogs.nytimes.com)
- ALDS Game 1: Tigers vs. Yankees: Must-Win for Detoit and Verlander (bleacherreport.com)
- ALDS Game 1: Tigers at Yankees (thebiglead.com)
- 2011 MLB Playoffs: New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers Face Crucial Game 3 in ALDS With Series Tied (ballhyped.com)
- 2011 MLB Postseason Schedule: Yankees Vs. Tigers In ALDS (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Detroit Tigers Pitcher To New York Yankees “It’s (ALDS) over!” (ladylovespinstripes.com)