The 2011 World Series had been a snooze, until last nights 6.
The imperfect, textbook mistakes aren’t what made this game so good; the attitudes and fight of the Cardinals and the Rangers did.
Anytime the underdog team fights to the last strike, with the World Series on the line and a hometown guy like David Freese hits a walk-off homerun it strikes up an uncontrolled emotion in anyone who calls themselves a fan of baseball.
This was an 11-inning, baseball masterpiece, and one of the best postseason games in history. All the imperfections in this 10-9 Cardinal win was what made the game so perfect.
All I can say is that I could not be happier for the baseball itself because fans fell in love all over again.
“If you are not watching this thing tomorrow night you are not a sports fan.”
- Cardinals rally, win in 11th to force Game 7 of World Series (thestar.com)
- 2011 World Series: Rain Delay Gives Cardinals New Life Against the Rangers (bleacherreport.com)
- Freese tag: Son of St. Louis sends series to seven! (timesunion.com)
- 2011 WS: Rangers And Cardinals Enough Excuses (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Your World Series Game Six Open Thread [‘World’ Series] (deadspin.com)
- And now baseball! (iamnotfromhere.wordpress.com)
- MLB World Series Update 2011 (alienriquez.wordpress.com)
- Game 6: Rangers blow lead, back ahead in 10th – Boston.com (news.google.com)