Everyone realizes the significance of this series for the Yankees, who are an embarrassing 1-8 against their torrid rivals so far this season.
The Yankees have nine games vs. Boston left to play in 2011, and the first three start tonight in Fenway Park.
Also, the Yankees have won their last seven-games and are hoping to extend that winning streak this weekend.
Both teams are now tied for first place in the AL East, but by Monday morning that will no longer be the case.
Here are the pitching match-ups for this weekend series:
|Friday 08/05 – RHP Bartolo Colon (8-6, 3.50 ERA) vs. LHP Jon Lester (11-4, 3.17 ERA)|
|Saturday 08/06 – LHP CC Sabathia (16-5, 2.55 ERA) vs. RHP John Lackey (9-8, 6.23 ERA)|
|Sunday 08/07 – RHP Freddy Garcia (10-7, 3.22 ERA) vs. RHP Josh Beckett (9-4, 2.17 ERA)|
These two teams match-up well, but predicting the outcome is almost impossible when you are a Yankee fan like myself.
All I can say is…
“The Bronx Bombers brought their BROOMS on this road trip and hopefully they did not leave them in Chicago.” – Kate of Lady Loves Pinstripes
- New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox: Series Preview and Predictions (bleacherreport.com)
- Tied atop East, Yanks seek to solve the Sox (nypost.com)
- New York Yankees: Time To Send The Red Sox Back To Boston In Second Place (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees Freddie Garcia Vs. Boston Red Sox Jon Lester (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- New York Yankees: Boston Massacre To Begin As Red Sox Are In Town (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Red Sox lose, head into key series tied with Yanks (boston.com)
- Red Sox lose, head into key series tied with Yanks (seattletimes.nwsource.com)