What an exciting and competitive first half of baseball in the 2009 season. Never short of drama both on and off the field but keep in mind we are only at the mid-point of the season. Now starts the second half which gives all teams almost a fresh start to regroup and attack.
Even teams in dead last realize that anything is possible. Plenty of teams have been under .500 baseball at the all-star break and made the playoffs. It looks like a lot of the old rivals will be going head to head hoping to be crowned the division champion.
This is going to be exciting and I am sure the way sports are today the drama will continue.
Sadly, in order to get a player attention from the media or press, off-field antics are what gets you the headline; remember when it was actually how a player preformed at the sport of baseball, not who you date or what party you might have attended till 3am when all thought you needed a few days off from fatigue.
I know that some of my “headlines” are so slim but not out of the question and in the MLB you just never know.
Please click on ‘Begin Slideshow’ below and it will take you to my most recent article with a slideshow. Featured on the Bleacher Report. Thanks, enjoy!!
- Baseball’s 15 Biggest Headcases (bleacherreport.com)
- Top 100 Prospects list to be unveiled tonight (mlb.mlb.com)
- Spring headlines: Tim Hudson ‘felt like Fred Sanford’ before back surgery, Sabathia and Beckett talk waistlines (sports.yahoo.com)
- Mailbag: Biggest 1-2 Punches In Baseball History (riveraveblues.com)
- The 10 best things about being a D’Backs fan (sports.yahoo.com)
- Check Out The 10 Craziest Baseball Fans Ever (bleacherreport.com)
- MLB issues dress guidelines for media members (espn.go.com)
- The 10 best things about being a Twins fan (sports.yahoo.com)