As this sorrowful story line has not changed since 2009; the Yankees keep on winning, while the Mets cannot stop losing.
The Bronx Bombers are sitting atop the AL East with a 30-19 record.
Flip that around over in Queens as the Mets are 18-29. That lands the Amazins’ only ahead of the Astros and Marlins in the overall rankings.
The last time the Mets won a Subway Series was back in 2008 when they took 4 of the six games against their cross-town rivals.
The only attention grabber in this four game set comes Tuesday night when Mets ace Matt Harvey faces off with the Yankees best pitcher, Hiroki Kuroda.
I don’t thing anyone would disagree that the Yankees have the upper hand across the board, and should win three of four from the stumbling Mets.
New York fans can rejoice in the new MLB schedule for cutting this hometown series from six games to four this year.
Here is the 2013 Subway Series schedule, along with the four probable pitching match-ups (courtesy of MLB.com):
|2013 Subway Series Schedule & Probable Pitchers|
|DATE||WHERE||START TIME||PROBABLE PITCHERS|
|27-May||Citi Field||7:10pm||Phil Hughes vs. Jon Niese|
|28-May||Citi Field||7:10pm||Hiroki Kuroda vs. Matt Harvey|
|29-May||Yankee Stadium||7:05pm||David Phelps vs. Jeremy Hefner|
|30-May||Yankee Stadium||7:05pm||Vidal Nuno vs. Dillion Gee|
And if you feel like going to see the Mets host the Yankees or the Yankees host the Mets live, here are some good reasons you should courtesy of TiqIQ:
◦ With a combined average price of $116, this is the cheapest Subway Series over the last four years. Down 6% from 2012, 3% from 2011, and 41% from 2010.
◦ The least expensive secondary-market ticket the series is $28 w/ fees for the final game at in the Bronx.
◦ The least expensive ticket directly from a team is $22 before fees at Yankees Stadium, for both games.
◦ The most expensive Subway Series game over the last four season was July 2, 2011 at Citi Field with a $255 avg. price.
◦ The least expensive Subway Series game over the last four years was May 22, 2011 at Yankee Stadium with a $99 avg. price.
◦ The premium over the regular season average for New York Mets tickets for this year’s series is +67% compared to a +140% premium last season.
◦ The premium over regular season average for New York Yankees tickets for this year’s series is +9%, compared to a +20% premium last season.
Good luck to both New York teams!
I predict a 2-2 split in this series even thought the Yankees should really sweep the Mets. But to be honest, the Mets are so bad they might lower the Yankees level of play .