I am talking about the first 2 games against the Twins…..just in case you missed out on watching, here are brief updates:
- I was not happy when Damon, who is out best hitter thus far, got ejected in the 3rd inning. The umpire was making crapy calls for the entire at-bat. So, I was glad Damon got pissed, which is a rare occurrence for him. It was in frustrating to watch and you can’t blame Damon it was 0 outs with 2 men on base and down a run!!
- Brett Garner (whom I love, love!!) had a walk off homerun in the bottom of the 7th inning which gets everyone pumped up!! That boy is fast!!!
- A-rod walked for his first at bat in new home; didn’t stop he walked his 3 next at bats…..better then not getting on base so again frustrated!! 4th walk came in the bottom of the 9th with 0 outs and Tex on 1st. I was wishing for an A-bomb!!
- Bottom of the 9th inning, Twins leading with the game at 4-3…..the Twins decide to walk Robbie Cano cause he has been lethal so far and so up comes Melky Cabrera to the plate. Melky is not n easy out and has been great in pivotal situations but I was a tad nervous watching. I would think that as a player it must piss them off to have the teammate in front of you purposely walked….I would love to shove it in the other teams face!!! And that’s just what Melk-man did when he lined a two-out, bases-loaded single to score a pair of runs!! Amazing…….win No. 18!! Continue reading ‘Here Come The Yanks!!!’ »
Tonight we are finally back home for a 10 game stance. Even thought we took both series on the road trip I still feel like the Yankees are not quite where the team needs to be to get on a win streak….maybe I am still bruised from Tampa and Boston?? Or could it be that not used to Toronto being a good?? Possibly it could be that Blue Jays and Red Sox have had the easiest schedule so far according to MLB stats from ESPN.
I hope I am proven totally wrong…..but my curiosity is who will be received with more booing Arod or Tex?? I am going to go with Tex as he is struggling and yes Arod took roids years back but he does consistently put up monster #’s in the regular season. And for some reason I think that the fans have finally just accepted Arod and its about time everyone did.
Maybe I should thank Selena Roberts cause I think the book might have been just enough for fans to start to feel bad for the guy!! We all know when it rains it pours and its about time Arod gets to put the umbrella away. Also his first pitch homering it was surreal and that kinda stuff happens for a reason I believe is bigger than just being an elite athlete!!
I hope we win 10 in a row!!! Go Yanks!!
What am I talking about now is……professional athletes have rules too!! But it seems in this day and age every profession is dirty and that want and greed blindside people with a lack of appreciation for hard work and talent. And sadly regarding baseball players like Jeter and Rivera will be known as playing in the ‘Steroid Era’ when they played by the rules!! Money is the motivation behind taking steroids cause the stronger you get the better you play the larger the check….and due to books being written by Conseco cause he was broke so he ratted out teammates with no hesitation for his own reputation as long as he got paid. Selena Roberts…I think you get it!!
Too many athletes get caught up in the whole spotlight and then cry that their not celebrities and I agree with their reasoning if it wasn’t bullshit half the time. It is whining that same excuse when in reality as a professional athlete you have the responsibilities of being a role model to kids all over the world!! That is something that is overlooked so much in sports especially as of lately cause we hear the story of being broke and making a glove from scraps and playing with a tennis ball cause couldn;t afford a baseball and look that guy is making millions, his ‘crib’ is on MTV, he dates hotties blah, blah blah but then he goes and gets a DWI or shots his driver by accident or shots himself…..I know everyone makes mistakes but I am no the face of companies ads and kids do not have me on their t-shirts or wear certain sneaker because I do!! With the access to scandals made so easy due to technology being so advanced in the last decade the term ‘privacy’ needs a new meaning.
What I am attepting to get across is….even more then ever the talent needs to be appreciated where the attitude is a display of its deserved respect. I know life is hard but the Jeter’s of sports are becoming the minority, not in numbers but in attention. And if rules can help or force responsibility on athletes I believe it could only hinder their appreciation, which can only be positive for everyone!!!
As a Yanks fan it is understood bias…..so when we lose a game, like last night it becomes frustrating to watch.
I went on and on about how the Yanks screwed it up and even went as far as to make some suggestions. I want perfection when I watch the Yanks play and in the heat of the moment I will rant and criticize easily so I can feel like I have the right to be as emotional as I feel.
Granted, something by the way of a winning-streak is needed ASAP but more respect should have been shown to Roy Halladay because he is amazing! His pitching is the best in baseball. Here is a quote from Teixeira published in a NY Times article on April 3, 2009 about Halladay, “All his pitches start in the same place and end in a different place.”
I thought I was reading the stats wrong on TV last night when it had (7-1) next to his name for wins-losses….I went and looked it up on my computer as I thought that it included Spring Training; or whatever else but no way has this guy won 7 games this year!!
He has won half the amount the Yankees have….and he must pitch more than every 5th day considerong the season is just starting out here.
Well to my surprise, I was astonished that this was correct. I knew Halladay was a good pitcher but when CC is all you hear for months and the $161 million paycheck you forget that other threats exist! Let me say that Halladay is lights-out more than any other pitcher in all of baseball.
Just a little fact that Damon is the best hitter overall against Halladay’s career but even Johnny quoted saying “When I get the hits, it’s with nobody on base.” Stats out of 80 at bats Damon has had 1 homer and 2 rbis’…..I mean come on that is sick!!! Continue reading ‘Ranting, Instead of Respecting…’ »
This is not a new problem for the Yankees…..
just a fact that we are leaving our pitchers out to dry by not scoring runs and my pet peeve is when we leave runners on bases constantly, the last two seasons especially. I actually have hung out with Kevin Long a few times and he is a stand up guy, one of the best hitting coaches in baseball….and he does his job, well!! We have a lineup made-up of the premier players so I have many questions….
- Could it take the pressure off cause Tex and Arod cause they are 3 and 4??
- Jeter and Damon are doing there jobs….so with Jeter out with hamstring (which I hope is not much worse cause DJ does not miss games); Damon is it; and he is doing it as well as can be so maybe cause the pressure is off of him?? Damon has barely had slumps and he did have 1 last year but it was brief, so whats your secret??? Please pass the note to your teammates asap…..thx.
- Is it possible that they need to shake this line-up around and Girardi needs to start playingCano and where Tex is and move up Matsui?? Continue reading ‘The word of the day….HIT!!’ »