Head coach might not be appropriate any longer, as Ryan takes on the role of owner, agent, and GM.
Ryan knows this and surely didn’t hide his desperation to make Revis a rich man to get him back on the J-E-T-S.
Crazy to think Ryan would be in contract discussions with owner Woody Johnson’s money. Revis was present too, which just adds to a growing list of how unprofessional the Jets are as an organization.
Not to mention that Ryan’s word is crap, too.
Any ‘HARD-KNOCKS’ viewer can attest to this because Ryan stated numerous times that the Jets would carry two fullbacks.
Ryan was talking about Tony Richardson, whose leadership was so vital to the Jets’ young offense, but ended up cutting the 15-year veteran.
Latest news is that Ryan says Richardson will be back on the Jets soon. His excuse is that Woody Johnson’s wallet couldn’t, and won’t, guarantee Richardson’s salary.
Was Richardson’s $855,000 the make it or break it for Revis’ contract?
Enough so to go back on word, I would presume. Why doesn’t Ryan just have about another temper tantrum like he did on Revis Island?
Nobody puts baby in the corner, even if you are overweight and trash-talking before proving anything, NFL “coach.”
With the NFL season just days away, the Jets’ first game will be against the Baltimore Ravens, featuring the two Rays—one named Lewis and the other Rice.
I am a huge Ravens fan, always have been inspired by Ray Lewis’ pure love for football, which is rarefied air in sports these days.
The Jets’ first of 16 missions starts with the Ravens at the New Meadowlands Stadium…but according to Ryan:
“The message to the rest of the league is, hey, the Jets are coming, and we’re going to give you everything we got. And I think that’s going to be more than you can handle.”
Ryan will finally have the chance to prove everyone wrong next Monday night, and then he can say “Fu*$-Off” for real.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Darrelle Revis: Thank Woody Johnson, Rex Ryan for Signing Revis, Saving Season! (bleacherreport.com)
- Hard Knocks Jets Episode 3: Fans Want Respect? Don’t Watch Rex Ryan (ladylovespinstripes.com)
- Sources: Rex Ryan meets with Darrelle Revis in South Florida (sports.espn.go.com)
- Darrelle Revis, Jets Agree To 4-Year Deal (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rex, Woody visit helped seal Revis deal for Jets (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Revis ends holdout, cornerback signs deal with Jets (reuters.com)